I wasn’t really sure what I was going to write about this week. Then I saw that Emily at www.chattingatthesky.com hosts a monthly link up inviting bloggers to share posts about what they learned that month. So, that’s what I’m writing about today.
Here are 5 things I learned in March:
1. I like quiet time. I enjoy waking up around 5:30 a.m. before anyone else gets up so I can read my devotionals and drink my coffee in the dim light of the lamp. This past weekend I enjoyed sitting on the balcony of our condo while Kaitlin took classes at her dance convention. It was just her and I for the weekend and while she was busy, I was able to do some reading and also get some work done.
2. Giving up my one diet coke a day was not as hard as I thought it would be. I gave it up for lent and after a few days my cravings were gone. I now have a new favorite drink – mixing half unsweetened tea, half lemonade!
3. If you are persistent and put yourself out there, you will eventually get what you are looking for. I’ve been responding to numerous job postings daily for online freelance writing jobs and I’ve managed to land a contract. Also, I’m going to begin writing content for websites for a friend’s company.
4. When things get out of whack in my life, I automatically want to make it all better immediately. This could be a disagreement with a loved one or an issue with one of my children regarding school. I’ve learned (actually re-learned and probably for the millionth time!) that I can’t make it all better. I can only do what I can do which means make amends if I’ve done wrong, allow the other person to be themselves or allow them to work through their issues. I need to put the rest in God’s hands. No matter how much I worry or how many scenarios I create and hash through in my head, it won’t make a difference. I’ve learned that I feel great peace, safety and ease when I come to this same realization time and time again.
5. Red velvet cake is my favorite. Justin had a red velvet cake for his birthday and I think I ate the whole thing myself!